My experience with my current hosting service, HostingUK.net, has been pretty good over the years that I have been using it.
As I am not a professional organisation the requirement for a highly reliable service is not of prime importance. However, should that ever be the case it would be wise for me to ascertain what the reliability is like.
With respect to 8 things you can do to get 100% uptime
- Pick a trustworthy hosting company
- Use a content delivery network (CDN)
- Use high availability load balancing
- Monitor your service
- Have a backup plan
- Make sure autopay is enabled for your services
- Host your service in multiple data centers
- Backups should be kept off-site using a different hosting provider
Style Sheets on remote servers
Seeing as I develop my pages locally I linked the W3.CSS on one of my other servers. The consequence is that when they are down the formatting does not work properly.