A slideshow or a carousel display is a wonderful addition to a website. However, it is my belief that it should be presented in a manner not to interfere with the operation of the website.
A recent example of where I think this works is Halstead Historical, this is not without a few reservations.
I feature a few of those that I have developed, or are in development, here:
- Automatic Church - Has faster and slower controls
- BW from the air - Automatic - variable interval between slides
- Manual - stills from New Era - has animation (fading) - links gal.css
- Storyboard - a variation on this using w3-half class - idea was to create a Storyboard for Conquest to Wentworth
- Church Crawler - a new project - no animation using the carousel() function
Manual or Automatic
Ability to change the display period, pause and step forward or back.
In some respects I am trying to do too much at once here. The New Era manual show uses the showSlides() function, which I have modified for manual operation