Objects and inheritance.
Another step along the attempt to understand the Document Object Model, the object prototype.
The tutorial here gives a good basis on what is going on.
....... This way, prototype is useful in keeping only one copy of functions for all the objects (instances).
Again the MDN article/pages have an approach that is at a higher level.
W3C just states the facts.
- Date objects inherit from Date.prototype
- Array objects inherit from Array.prototype
- Person objects inherit from Person.prototype
The Object.prototype is on the top of the prototype inheritance chain:
Date objects, Array objects, and Person objects inherit from Object.prototype.
- Carousel Example with accessibility code - uses SVG
- SVG - Scalable Vector Graphics - used on the Accessible Carousel